Tuesday, April 19, 2011

wait, what?

i have a week and a half left of student teaching (plus a week of observation in other rooms, but that doesn't really count as "teaching" in my opinion).  that must be a lie.  not possible.  for real.  where did the time go????  it's freaking me out.  not that i feel like i am still new in the room - on the contrary, it has become really routine.  it's awesome.  but i'm bummed that i won't be with these kids for much longer.  there are certainly bad days (today was pretty rough, in fact) but even the bad days have been fairly good.  today was "pretty rough" because one of my kiddos was in a funk, and another (who has autism) was having a hard time when i told her to go to another teacher (as opposed to me) for help.  which leads to the next issue ...

... fading me out.  there are a couple of kids who ask for me when i even just step out to use the restroom, so getting them used to me not being here at all is going to be tough.  and something i can't exactly help with.  i've been trying to refer them to the other teachers when they come to me or ask for me, with varying degrees of success (see earlier comment about my friend with autism), so that will be my next trick.  we'll see ...

No comments:

Post a Comment