Monday, April 11, 2011

oh hey.

so last week was spring break.  and it was glorious.  a couple of years ago i had the flu over break (like, the whole week); this was about a million times better than that.  got caught up on sleep, spent some time with family, lots of time with friends, and cleaned my apartment.  then yesterday it dawned on me that i had to wake up early and get back to work this morning.  i was pumped to see my kids, but let me tell you: i forgot how hard it is to wake up early.  oof.

thankfully, my kids all came in bright and chipper today.  one little one was feeling especially chatty, and proclaimed that he likes mexican girls.  he proceeded to explain that his dad likes mexican girls, so he likes mexican girls too.  he also told me he found a dollar and couldn't wait to buy something with it, like a "cool hat."  amazing.  they were all genuinely happy to be back in school, which made getting back from break much, much easier.  we even got some things accomplished today!

break was so impossibly lovely (even if the weather wasn't), but the fact that today i don't hate everything getting back to work i find incredibly reassuring - this must be the right profession for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment